Join our football, netball and cricket community for the Family Fun Day on 17 February. It’s a great way to welcome in 2019 and an opportunity to meet coaches, committee members and other families who will be able to answer any questions you might have about joining the Club.
Activities on the day include:
- Free BBQ
- Football & Auskick Registrations
- Uniform Purchase
Where: Seddon Reserve, 103 Green St Ivanhoe
When: 17 February 2019, 3-6pm
Junior Netball Head Coach Wanted, commencing Season 1 2019
West Ivanhoe Sporting Club is looking for an enthusiastic, committed Head Coach to join our growing club for the 2019 Netball season.
We currently have 18 teams across U9-U17 age groups all playing in the BDNA competition on Saturdays. Teams train Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons at Seddon Reserve Ivanhoe.
- Head Coach overseeing all teams and coaches from U9-U17
- Work in conjunction with other coaches to implement court structures
- Progress the development of all our junior players
- To oversee training which is currently Monday, Tuesday Wednesday nights (there is flexibility with these days). Our training courts are located at West Ivanhoe Sporting Club, Seddon Reserve.
- Games are played on Saturday.
- Coordinate and conduct team selection trials once a year as per the club policies.
- Work in conjunction with other coaches to implement court structure and solid training techniques while aiming to progress the development of our junior players
1. VNA registration
2. Minimum Development level of accreditation
3. Good communicator
4. Well organized.
5. Working With Children Check
6. Possess excellent leadership skills with a highly motivated and enthusiastic approach.
Closing Date: Sunday 14 October 2018
The junior 2018/19 cricket season is just around the corner, with pre-season starting soon. We are seeking all previous and new junior cricketers (ages 8 to 17) to join the club. Spread the word, please bring your friends, even to just try out the Roosters junior program during the pre-season and hear about the improvements to the comp.
A key change the NMCA have introduced is even age groups of under 10, 12, 14, 16.5 and 18. The NMCA are also adopting the new Cricket Australia Pathways program - this will result in exciting changes to u10s and u12s in particular this season, to help maximise participation, skill development and opportunities for all kids to have fun.
The cut off date for determining age groups is 1 September. However, there is some flexibility based on skill level, as the emphasis is on a child’s level of development rather than strictly on age.
The NMCA is yet to resolve the final playing schedule (starts next term), although under 10s matches are likely to be on Monday evenings and the rest of the age groups will generally play on Friday evenings with the odd Sunday morning game.