Footy season is just around the corner and we are looking forward to another big year at Roosterland. As you may have heard registration day is on Sunday 28 February from 11-2pm. Please come down and sign up for another season. Make sure you encourage other families to come down and join our great club. Its a competitive world out there but we are trying to emphasise the community nature of our club and the emphasis we place on participation and inclusion rather than winning at all costs.
For players in the U11-U13s teams we are kicking off preseason training on Sunday 28 February from 11-12noon.
Players in the tackers and U10s are most welcome to attend but their preseason will not formally start until Sunday 20 March.
The other important dates in the preseason are set out below:
- U11-U13 teams — Thursday 3, 10 and 17 March, preseason training 4.30 pm-5.30 pm
- Sunday 20 March —Intraclub match simulation for the U11-U13 teams (11-12.30); official preseason for the tackers and U10s commences - (10-11) (times to be confirmed);
- Wednesday 23 March – training for all teams (5-6pm) to be followed by an information night for parents and players, jumper presentation and BBQ (6-7.30pm)
- Sunday 10 April – season commences (times and locations of games to be confirmed)
- No official training during the school holidays
Dates and times will be confirmed before Easter but the tackers and U10s are likely to be on Wed from 5-6pm and U11-U13s are likely to be on Thursdays from 4.30-5.30